Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Seeking Finanical Freedom Part 9


Welcome if you are visiting us for the first time here on Wednesdays!! If you want to start at the beginning of this series click on Seeking Financial Freedom on the left hand side of the screen..you will have to scroll down a bit to find it....

This week the author is talking about honesty...something I feel our society doesn't know anything about anymore!!!!! It is amazing to me that people are so shocked when you "do the right thing". For example, one time I had to take something back to a store. I had purchased two similar items but I paid a different price...I think one was maybe $5 or $10 more...I can't remember for sure. Anyway the clerk worked the return for me and then went to hand me back my refund in cash and I noticed she had refunded to much money. She had gave me back the amount for the item I kept and paid me to much. Right away I told her this and she gave me a strange look then called over the manager and he gave me a weird look and they explained that this had never happened to them before.....and they couldn't figure out why I would've pipped. After all it was their mistake, so I could've left it at that and hit the door......but I would have known it and most importantly God would have known it....I was far more concerned about that than I was pocketing another $5 or $10 bucks!!!
Has anything like that ever happened to you???
On page 65 the book says TRUTHFULNESS is one of God's attributes. John 14:6 "I am .....the truth." He commands us to reflect His honest and holy character, "Be holy yourselves also in all your behavior; because it is written, 'You shall be holy, for I am holy.'" (1 Peter 1:15-16)
5 REASONS WHY GOD DEMANDS ABSOLUTE HONESTY(cont. page 65)
1. We cannot practice dishonesty and love God.
Honest behavior is an issue of faith. An honest decision may look foolish in light of the circumstances we can observe. Every honest decision strengthens our faith in the living God.
2. We cannot practice dishonesty and love our neighbor. (page 66)
When we act dishonestly, we are stealing from another person. We may fool ourselves into thinking it is a business or the government or an insurance company that is suffering loss, but if we look at the bottom line,it is the business owners or fellow taxpayers or policyholders from who we are stealing. It is just as if we took the money from their wallets. Dishonesty always injuries people.
3. Honesty creates credibility for evangelism.
Our Lord demands that we be absolutely honest in order to demonstrate the reality of Jesus Christ to those who do not know Him. Our action speak louder than words. Scripture says to "prove yourselves blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among who you appear as lights in the world." (Philippians 2:15)
4. Honesty confirms God's direction (pg 67)
Proverbs 4:24-26 Explains that as you are absolutely honest, "all your ways are established." Choosing to walk the narrow path of honesty eliminates the many avenues of dishonesty. Decision-making becomes simpler because the honest path is a clear path.
5. Even the small act of dishonesty is devastating.
Luke 16:10 "Whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much." Even the smallest little "white lie" can harden our hearts and make our consciences increasingly insensitive to sin.
HOW DO WE ESCAPE THE TEMPTATION OF DISHONESTY?
"Live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature" Gal. 5:16
"By the fear of the Lord one keeps away from evil." Proverbs 16:6
"Wealth obtained by fraud dwindles." Proverbs 13:11
WHAT SHOULD WE DO WHEN WE HAVE BEEN DISHONEST?
1.Restore fellowship with God. "If we confess our sin, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteous." John 1:9
2. Restore fellowship with people. "Confess our sins to one another." James 5:16
"He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will find compassion." Proverbs 28:13
3. Restore any dishonestly acquired property.
Blessing for the HONEST! Read Proverbs 3:32, Proverbs 20:7, Proverbs 12:19, Proverbs 15:6
Curses for the dishonest. Read Proverbs 3:32, Proverbs 15:27, Proverbs 21:6, Proverbs 13:11

SOCIETY SAYS: You can be dishonest because everyone else is.
SCRIPTURE SAYS: The Lord demands absolute honesty in even the smallest matters.
Free Signature Generator

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster