Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Practical Tip Tuesday!

My tip for today is MAKE SOME JAM!!! I went strawberry picking yesterday and then whipped up some yummy strawberry freezer jam!! I use the Sure Jell Quick & Easy Freezer Jam method

Zach was my little helper or a while during this process..I think he was more concerned with licking the bowl when I was done than helping me!

So I took 2 cups of crushed strawberries ( I use my little food processor and pulse it three times or so).
Then I added 4 cups of sugar and let it set for the instructed 10 min. Then I added the Pectin...DONE!!
This was the end result of my 2 1/2 hours worth of work...I am excited to add this to my freezer to enjoy...I am hoping to make another batch tomorrow!!!! I also would like to maybe make some raspberry and blueberry jam as well....we shall see if I can get the fruit first....

Free Signature Generator

1 comments:

Megan said...

I'm planning on making strawberry jam too! I missed it last year and have been craving it!

I'm not missing this year!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster