Friday, June 12, 2009

2 new recipes

On Wednesday I had a "Day in the Kitchen"...seriously ALL day I was in the kitchen...in between potty runs for Julia...break for the kiddos, lunch for the kiddos, reading a bit with Caleb and Zach, playing babies a little while with Julia, and conversation with Lance....I was bound and determined to get some things done. I started off with browning 5 pounds of pork sausage..Then I used probably 2 pounds and made sausage gravy to have for lunch with biscuits. I made plenty so we have a nice large container of leftovers for future eating this week!!!

Then I took another pound of sausage and made this egg and sausage casserole....Here is the recipe I found online....
cubed 6 pieces of bread then spread them on the bottom of the pan (I would say spray it with Pam first)
Then sprinkle 1 1/2 to 2 cups of shredded cheddar and the 1 pound of sausage over the bread
Take 8 eggs beat them in a boil add 1 tsp of salt and then pepper to your liking, 2 cups of milk and mix them well, pour that mix over the whole pan and Bake @325 for 45 minutes.....
I plan to use the remaining sausage on homemade pizza and either another egg casserole or sausage gravy for the freezer...but the sausage is cooked and deciding what to do with it is the easy part!!
After lunch clean up I moved onto making 3 more batches of strawberry freezer jam...making my total 6 batches of jam...I think that should do it for strawberry!!! I hope to try some other fruit jams this year as they come in season....I also made BBQ chicken in the crock pot...thanks Shannon for that.....along with scallop potatoes for supper....Then I still kept some strawberries for....Strawberry Shortcake of course...Here is the recipe I used for homemade shortcake

I use the recipe on the (generic) Bisquick box then added a few special touches of my own..
I also doubled the recipe and it made 9 nice sized cakes.....
Here is the single batch recipe:
2 cups of Bisquick
3 tbsp of sugar (I added an extra tbsp)
3 tbsp melted butter
1/3 cup milk
Mix it all together then spoon "drops" onto the pan...Cook at 450 for 10-12 minutes
My last step was to take a healthy pinch of brown sugar and put it on top of the "drops" I patted it down with my fingers and made sure the whole top was covered....the only issue I have with biscuit shortcakes in that they always taste so bland....I had to sweeten it up a bit...so with the added tbsp of sugar it he recipe and then the brown sugar it was (excuse while I brag just a bit) INCREDIBLE!!! Seriously I surprised myself with how great it turned out!!! It was so easy to throw it all together..I will be making these again for sure!!
Have a great weekend everyone!!
Free Signature Generator

1 comments:

Megan said...

Wow girl that was a busy day in the kitchen.

I'm planning to do my strawberry jam next week!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster