Friday, March 5, 2010

Spring CLEANING: Little by Little...Week by Week!

 
Sarah, over at Beautiful 2 God, is hosting a Spring Cleaning series again this year! I think it's a great series, and decided I wanted to be a part of it this year. I love that each week we are given a new challenge, and then we have a week to complete the given area of the house. I work well with instructions and a time line so I am excited to get my house all sparkling clean to begin Spring!

This week the are of the house to clean was the Entry/Foyer:
Everyone else in the challenge has taken before and after pictures to journal their progress. I did not take any pictures this week because there is no drastic or even noticeable changes. For me, this week was about doing those small things that really need done that never get done on a weekly basis.
This is what I did this week in my Entry:
1. De-cob webbed the ceiling!
2. Wiped down all the base board.
3. Scrubbed down the inside and outside of the doors.
4. Shook out the rug till my arms hurt!                                                          
5. Hand scrubbed my area that is tiled,right inside the door, so I made sure I got up all the dirt!

~Unfortunately, about an hour after I was so proud of my super sparkling floor, all four of the kids came in the house with wet mud caked all over their chore boots...UGH!!!!!!!!!~

So it didn't stay sparkling very long, but I am still glad that I did it!

If you don't have a blog and want to join in on the weekly challenge, just leave me a comment and let me know what you did each week. It's so fun to see what others are getting done...inspiring too, don't ya think? It's not to late to get a start on your cleaning for this week....you have the weekend!
Next week's challenge is the Main Bathroom!

DANIELLE

5 comments:

Mominin said...

Oh, I know how that is! I've been very protective of the games in the closet this week . . . I know it won't be long until the shelves look just like they did before.

Jen said...

At least it was clean for that moment! Great job... looking forward to the other challenges too.

Genesa said...

Good Job Danielle! Gabriela did the same thing...it was a little frustrating! Oh well!! We at least know it WAS clean!!

Sarah said...

Yeah, I know the chore boot thing... That is why my NEW floor is shades of brown! :)

Thanks for linking up! Look forward to seeing what you do with us each week! :) YAY Spring!

Cheryl@Gingerbread Crafts said...

You did a great job.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster