Saturday, March 13, 2010

In Need of prayers....

~This post was started Friday (yesterday) morning, but I am now finishing it~
This morning is a sad morning for me. I am in a state of feeling overwhelming discouragement and failure. My children seem to think they run the house lately. Along with that, comes all kinds of negative side effects.Just like any other family there are character issues we are constantly working on with our kids. We go through seasons were we feel like they are doing well and "really get" what we are trying to teach them. Then we go through storms, like now, were they seem to remember NOTHING! All those talks about respect, love, compassion, obedience, ect. seem to be a foreign concept. I try not to beat myself up to much when we are in the midst of these storms. At the same time, I know these children have been given to me by God for such a short time. It is my job and responsibility to "train them", and I do take that job to heart. In these times I think of the times I have blown it and not been the example that I desire to be. I think of all the "ugly mommy moments" that my children have seen. But today, Saturday, as I finish this post I am encouraged. WHY? Because, of the Savior I serve and what that means for me, my husband, and my children. I am not the standard my children can hold as an example, instead God is that standard. His love is perfect, His compassion is limitless, His arms are big enough to hold us all, His shoulders are big enough to carry our burdens and imperfectness, His grace and mercy is enough to cover all our shortcomings and sin, His sacrifice is why I take peace in knowing I don't have to try to be perfect. I just have to willing and whole hearted give these things to Him and know He will pick me up in His loving arms and carrying me on those days when I feel I just want to throw in the towel, stick my head in the sand, go find a deep dar cave...I'm not picky any would do in those moments.
In these storms the Lord reminds me that I need to take away things that are distracting me, and get down to what is really important. If that means setting time limits on my computer time, setting a limit on how many meals I cook from scratch that week, saying no when people ask me to help out with something that would take me away from home.....then DO IT. I know God is good all the time...all the time God is good. Because I know that, I can keep on keeping on. I know that in the end God will be glorified, I will learn something that God is trying to teach me, and my perspective will be brought back where it needs to be. So although I am not all excited and jumping for joy about what seems to be an impossible challenge of bringing my children's hearts back where they should be. I am trusting God and knowing that He will bring something so good out of what seems so YUCK to me.
So pray for us would ya? Pray the God would be glorified in our home.....

DANIELLE

4 comments:

Jen said...

I am praying for you and can totally relate. GOD IS GOOD ALL OF THE TIME.

Megan said...

I will pray too and you're not alone!!

Mary Ann said...

Thinking of you. You are not alone and you will get through this trial with God's help! Here's a cyber hug (((HUG))) for you!!

Anonymous said...

just remember God never gives you more than you can handle. so the days when things feel overwhelming or to much, God knows you are a GREAT MOTHER and you will do your BEST. Doing your BEST is all that God asks of us.

i know i am not around everyday, but i think the kids are great kids and that you are doing a WONDERFUL job raising them!!!
love, Christa

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster