Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Seeking Financial Freedom Part 2

I have a question for you....How do you view your money? What do you spend your money on each month?? Did you know that your checkbook tells more about you and what your priorities are more than any other thing we have???



Before we start talking about the fine details of Seeking Financial Freedom we need to have the proper perspective of who's money we are actually talking about. As Christians we know that everything we have is a gift from God, the same is true of our money...which really is not our money at all! Everything we have is God's not ours down to the very last penny.

In the book Your Money Counts they make a few points about handling "our" money.

1. How we handle our money affects our fellowship with the Lord.

Luke 16:11 "If therefore you have not been faithful int he use of worldly wealth, who will entrust the riches to you?" The book makes the point that when we handle our money properly according to the principles of Scripture, our fellowship with Christ will grow stronger.

2. Possession compete with the Lord.

Mathew 6:24 "No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both money and God." The book explains we can't say "God, You can be the Lord of my entire life except for my money."

3. Much of life revolves around the use of money.

On page 11 &12 the book explains during the normal week, how much time do you spend earning money in your job, making decisions on how to spend money, thinking about where to save and invest money or praying about your giving? Fortunately, God prepared us adequately for those tasks by giving us the Bible as His blueprint for handling money.



I just love these verses that talk about contentment... Philippians 4:11-13

I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whatever well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength."

A fantastic point the book made was that we are not born with the instinct for contentment; it is learned. I also think I will leave you with this thought that is on page 13 of the book.


SOCIETY SAYS: God plays no role in handling money, and my happiness is based on being able to afford my desired standard of living.


SCRIPTURE SAYS: As you learn and follow the scriptural principles of how to handle money, you will draw close to Christ and learn to be content in every circumstance.


So what do you say?? Society or Scripture? Feel free to leave me comment or question!


If you missed Part One go here.


Free Signature Generator

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster