Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!! Well I was thinking today as I totally finished my testimony, that I really hadn't thought about any new years resolutions.....which is okay because rarely do any of us every stick to them. Think about what things you would normally list

1. Things you need to accomplish in the new year....ex. To Do List
2. What we can do to make ourselves feel better or look better....ex. loose weight, exercise more

I would say that pretty much covers what the resolution list would entail with just those two categories. This year I am scrapping it all!!!! This year I don't want any of the focus to be on my or my endless "To Do Lists". I want this year to be a focus on my SAVIOR and what he has in store for me. I want to focus on what I can do to help out others. Whether it's watch my girlfriends kids while she grocery shops in peace and quiet, helping out my neighbor lady with one of her projects, devoting my time to sit and listen to someone else's life issues, I could go on and on. Point being I don't want my life to become so busy that I don't feel like I have the time to serve others. I want to focus on being more Christ like in all ways. I know it is easy to say and think but I want to really put the whole notion into practice. I want my children to see how great it feels to be selfless, and to give our time and energy to others. I want to be a better example of the character traits I am trying to teach them each day. Ambitious I know, but I feel ready for the calling. I feel the Lord had laid these things on my heart and set me on fire to accomplish them. So pray for me about it, because I know I will face opposition, and encounter a lot of distractions along the way. Please pray for perseverance, endurance, and strength throughout this new year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster