Friday, January 16, 2009

Genesis Bible Study Ch. 31 & 32

CHAPTER 31: Verse 17 Then Jacob put his children and his wives on camels, and he drove all his livestock ahead of him, along with all the goods he had accumulated in Paddan Aram, to go to his father Isaac in the land of Canaan.
When Laban discovers that Jacob has left in secret he chases after him. When he catches up to Jacob he asked why he just up and left. VERSE 31"I was afraid, because I thought you would take your daughters away from me by force."
After a little confrontation, Laban sent Jacob and his family off to return to home.
CHAPTER 32: Jacob was a bit nervous about returning home, he knew Esau would be there waiting. As they got closer to home Jacob sent some herdmans ahead of him and told them that when they met up with Esau to say this VERSE 20 "Your servant Jacob is coming behind us."
Next we read about Jacob wrestling with GOD. VERSE 26 Then the man said, "Let me go, for it is daybreak." But Jacob replied, " I will not let you go unless you bless me."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster