Friday, January 23, 2009

CONFESSIONS!!!!

Good morning everyone!!!! I hope your week has been a great one and you have some fun things planned for the weekend!!! Well I feel like I need to confess a little something to all my readers.....As some of you may have noticed I didn't post anything yesterday..not even my Bible Study which I like to post everyday if nothing else.
My first confession is I made a commitment to God that I would be a better steward of my time and spend more time in His word. So everyday for the last several weeks that had been my #1 priority.
My second confession is that I gave my husband my word that I wouldn't let my new hobby, blogging, get in the way of my daily mommy and household responsibilities. Although that sounds easy enough, it hard to stay true to that each day. I find myself staying up to late at night to get my posts ready for the next day or wanting to turn on my computer before I have taken my quiet time. I have found myself tempted to not hold true to my commitments I made to my God, my hubby, or myself.
I so far have been fully committed to my quiet time which is something that is very important to me and I am glad to be sticking with it daily. But the bedtime issue had gotten alittle crazy..I find myself at 11 or 1130p finally scooting off to bed, and then throw on top of that a 1 1/2 year old that is getting up every night lately about 3-4 times...which subtracts another 2 hours from my sleep time each night. The end result...a tired grumpy wife and mommy!!!! As a result of not sleeping enough, I find it hard to keep my energy level up inorder to get all things done that I need to AND keep a good ATTITUDE. Keeping a good attitude is also something inportant to me, but something that I have failing at lately.
So I just want to let you know that each day I strive to post something ( Monday- Friday anyways), but if I don't then I want you to know that I just couldn't fit it in after all the things I NEED to accomplish first. I love this new hobby of mine, and I want to continue to do it, but I want to be "REAL" with everyone and I want you to help keep me accountable for keeping my priorities in line. In the happenings of life it is so easy to follow those little bunny trails and then at the end of the day wonder why we didn't get anything done...know what I mean???
Again today I will not be posting my Genesis study because of other commitments in my life. Please know that even though I won't be posting I have already taken my time with the LORD, and I hope you have to....If not, then shut off your computer and do it now. Don't put off something so important so much that at the end of the day your never took anytime to be quiet before the throne of the SAVIOR .
HAVE A BLESSED WEEKEND!!!

1 comments:

Megan said...

Great reminder! Something I have to constantly remind myself of. I fail sometimes too!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster