Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Genesis Bible Study ch. 27 & 28

CHAPTER 27: Jacob already conned Esau into goving him his birthright and in this chapter he steals Esau's blessing as well. Prompted by Rebekah, his mother, to decieve his father he went to get two young goats. Rebekah prepared them just like Isaac would want and Jacob took it to him. He was dressed in Esau's clothes so he smelled like him and put the wool of the neck of a sheep on his hands to be hairy like Esau. Isaac gave Jacob the blessing, thinking he was Esau.
When Esau returned with his game that he had prepared and went to his father to get the blessing Isaac said he had already given his blessing. Esau was furious!!! Esau was even more heartbroken when he discovered his father could not bless him with anything.

CHAPTER 28: Isaac calls Jacob and commanded him "Do not marry a Canaanite woman. Go at once to Paddan Aram, to the house of your mother's father Bethuel. Take a wife for yourself there, from among the daughters of Laban, your mother bother."
On Jacob's journey he had a dream and when he awakes and ponders the dream this is his reaction. VERSE 20: Jacob made a vow, saying, If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear so that I return safely to my father's house, then the LORD will be my GOD and this stone ( he had under his pillow the night before) that I have set up as a pillar will be God's house, and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster