Friday, September 18, 2009

Yep! It's True...Today I'm 30!

Well it is official, I am now THIRTY!!! Sounds funny to me, I still feel 18.....I think that is a good thing. If your interested in getting to know me a little more you can read my testimony here. That will bring you up to speed on what has made me who I am thus far in this journey called life. A few things I thought I might point out to see if anyone else can relate:

After 4 kids and 10 years (almost) of marriage, I think is obvious that some things have changed over the years for me. I have learned that is really is true that kids change your life forever.....I will never be able to go to the bathroom by myself for my children fear that I might need help, I will never be able to sleep in because they love be up EARLY....bummer...until they reach their teens, I will never have a clean house for more than 15 after they walk in the door, Being a referee is my part time job (on some days my FULL time job), I will never have a truly clean, non-smelly toilet because I live with 4 men in my house.
All that said I wouldn't have it any other way.....Well maybe I would prefer some things to be a tiny bit different.....but all those things let me know that I am just where I want to be in life. Being a Mom, Loving my Hubby, chasing dogs out of my flower beds, and canning enough food this time of year for a small army is JUST WHERE I WANT TO BE!!!

So I am thinking 30 is going to look pretty good on me if I do say so myself.

Hope you have a great weekend!

DANIELLE

7 comments:

Caramel Diva said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Genesa said...

Happy Birthday Danielle! I of course can relate! I'll be joining you in the world of the big 30 in March!!!! I guess we can't change it so just embrace it, right!

Stephanie Reed said...

Happy birthday, Danielle! I passed 30 over 20 years ago! Enjoy. :-)

aje said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope today is a great one for you. May this year be an especially wonderful year!

Look forward to catching up with you again in only a few more months!!! :)

Mominin said...

Happy Birthday, Danielle! I know what you mean about still feeling eighteen. Have a great day! (Oh, and I really enjoyed reading your testimony - I don't think I had heard it before. It's amazing how God sees us through those valleys, isn't it?).

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have an awesome day! Here's a little birthday song in spanish =) haha thought you'd enjoy it:

Estas son las manananitas que cantaban el rey David. Hoy por ser dia de tu santo, te las cantamos a ti. Despierta Danielle, despierta, mira que ya amanezio. Ya los pajaritos cantan la luna ya se metio =)

Happy bday!

Megan said...

Happy 30th birthday Danielle!!! Welcome to the 30's club!!! I'll be 32 in a week or so!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster