Wednesday, September 2, 2009

New Recipes for you to try...

My all time favorite thing in the whole world to make is FRUIT SALSA!!!! I don't make it on a regular basis, but I should....I made up a batch tonight and thought I would share the recipe (that was given to me by my friend Cori) I use....

6 kiwi-chunked
6 granny smith apples-chunked
2 quarts strawberries-put in last to get the consistency you want
1 cup of raspberries (I used blueberries instead tonight)
1/3-1/4 cup of sugar
3 tbsp brown sugar-optional
1/2 cup fruit preserve

I run the kiwi, strawberries, apples, and berries (rasp. or blue) through my food processor. Then I combine all the other ingredients in a large bowl and stir them all together.

OHHHHH was it so yummy!! Almost so good I want to hide it from everyone else in the house (cause I am so sweet like that..ahem). I serve them with cinnamon chips. I get those at Meijer (6oz bag is what I found this last time $2.27 a bag...ouch! But it is worth every penny for an indulgence once in awhile!!!! You used to be able to find them at Sam's Club as well...my sister checked for me this week and they said they didn't have them.....I might even had to do a little Internet search and see what I can find...for future occasions....

This week I also made..

Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas

2 cups chopped chicken
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons chopped red onion ( I used minced onion instead)
1 3/4 teaspoons of taco seasoning
1 1/2 chopped cilantro-optional ( I used dried)
4- 6" tortilla shells
1/2 cup salsa-optional ( I used our homemade salsa!)
Mix all ingredients together. Place a tortilla on the baking pan and then spread about 1 cup of the mix in each tortilla shell. Then place another tortilla on top. Bake at 450 for about 8 min. Then remove from the oven and cut into quarters.

HINT: Don't let then get crispy..you want the shells to still be soft...We served these with sour cream, salsa, and you could add whatever you like with it...So easy and SOOOO yummy!

The third recipe we made this week was...

Hot Dog & Bean Casserole

1 package of hot dogs (16 oz)
3 can of 15.5 oz pork and beans-drained
1/3 cup of BBQ sauce
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 box of corn bread mix (8.5 oz) like Jiffy
1/3 cup milk
1 egg

Heat a large non-stick pan and add the hot dogs and cook 3 minutes (nicely browned). Cut them into 1/2 in pieces. In a large bowl mic hot dogs, beans, BBQ sauce, and brown sugar. Spoon in to a sprayed 9X13 pan. Prepare Corn bread as per instructions on the box (using the milk and eggs in the ingredients list above). Pour corn mix over pan evenly. Bake at 350 for about 45 min.

Hope you enjoyed checking out some new recipes!!!

BLESSINGS,

DANIELLE

1 comments:

Helena Foote said...

These sound really good! I'll have to try some this weekend:D Thanks for sharing this! -Helena-

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster