I wanted to take the time to share with you an opportunity for you to be a PRAYER WARRIOR. There is a very special little girl at our church who is getting ready to have brain surgery. She is 8 years old and had been having seizures for about 3 years. The medications they have tried have not been able to stop the frequency of the seizures. Instead she has three different types of seizures now....recently one of those types of seizures has stopped, without any complete logical explanation (there is a 1% chance that a med they stopped could be to credit for this). I am not an expert on her situation nor am I even knowable about all the details, but I do know that she is a beautiful little 8 year old girl that LOVES the Lord Jesus. Knowing that she is my sister in Christ, makes my heart ache for her situation, but brings me to my knees in prayer on her and her family's behalf. I hope you will join in prayer for MOLLY as she goes into a procedure in the next 24 hours where they will cut open her brain and insert probes that will detect the seizure activity and where in the brain this all is taking place....leave the probes in for however long it takes to get a proper reading and mapping of her brain for the surgeons. (They expect this to take anywhere from a couple days to a week in my understanding) After they go through this procedure they will then decide if she is a candidate for the type of surgery, then her parents will have to make a decision a from there. Please note that during this time she will, for lack of better words that her head "open" (they can not totally seal the incision)...and bandaged because of the probes doing their work.
So if you would be willing to pray for MOLLY and her family here are a few things you can be praying....
1. No infection would result during this first surgery and waiting time
2. That the doctor on her case would be diligent in their work without mistakes
3. Wisdom on behalf of the doctors as they advise MOLLY'S parents
4. Peace for MOLLY as she goes through this uncertain time
5. Strength for MOLLY'S parents and siblings as they are apart in the weeks to come
6. Safety for visitors traveling to and from the hospital to see MOLLY (about a 3 hour trip)
7. Spiritual endurance, that as believers in Christ they would always choose HIM over the lies and worries Satan tries to attack them with.
8. For the family to continue to be a beacon of light to others (medical staff, other patients, other families) as they endure this trial God has dealt them.
If you would like to commit to praying for MOLLY for 15 minutes sometime in the next 24 hours, please leave me a comment and let me know that.
If you would like to send this special family a message of any kind again leave a comment....
Here is how to leave a comment in case you never have before...go to the bottom of this post where you see my name right under that you should see COMMENT click it. You then will see other people's comments....scroll down to the comment box, write your message; don't forget to sign you name then click the arrow by COMMENT AS then choose Anonymous at the bottom.....Finally click POST COMMENT.....CONGRATS you posted our first comment!
To see how you can pray for other visit Megan here each Wednesday!