Thursday, February 26, 2009

Things I Love Thursday!


Something I LOVE is camping!!! I love the fact that this is a hobby we can do as a family!!! When we are camping we get to spend lots of uninterrupted quality family time together. The everyday distracts of housework, schoolwork, and chores are thrown out the window and we get to go relax (although with 4 kiddos it isn't always relaxing), and then my favorite part of the night is setting around the fire and roasting marshmellows for the "must have" smores!!! Then when the kiddos are in bed Justin and I cherish the time spent around the fire with family talking about everything from politics, to work, to recalling old family stories; you name and we've probably talked about it.
Maybe I should also clarify that my kind of camping with 4 kids is in a 30' travel trailer with heat, A/C, bathroom, microwave, you know the real "roughin' it kind" :)
What do you LOVE???? Feel free to link up to http://8-muddyboots.blogspot.com and chime in, or if you aren't sure how to do it just leave a comment here!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I LOVE camping, but I have 6 people to get into a pop-up with no running water or bathrooms... no A/C... One year (ask Megan) we took a gianormous window air conditioner and set it up against the screen in our pop-up, and TRIED to keep it cool. It was horrible. IT was blustery hot in the day, and it couldn't keep up. And at night, it was so damp, and cold. But the hubby wanted it to keep going to get rid of the dampness.... But, I really DO love camping! I love to get away, to a slower pace, the bonding. I love it.

megan gaff said...

Definatly one of the things I love!

I'm getting such an itch to get out soon!!!

Genesa said...

I can't wait to start camping again!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster