Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Mix

Around Christmas time I wanted to put together some of those "cookies in a jar mixes", well bummer that I never ended up following through with that...there is always next year :)
Well anyway I came across a website that gave several different choices in the mixes....I went for the Oatmeal Raisin Cookie mix and then last week I finally got around to making some.....better late that NEVER!!! Anyhoo, here is the recipe. They turned out REALLY GOOD!!! My hubby thought they were the best cookies he'd ever had...he thought they were "hardy cookies". Well even if he just said it to make me feel good.....it worked and I plan to make them again SOONER rather than later........HAPPY BAKING!!

1/2 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Raisins or Chocolate Chips (that is what I did)
1 cup flaked Coconut, packed
1 cup Corn Flakes, crushed (I used Fiber One Cereal, b/c that was the closest thing I had)
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Quick oats
1 1/4 cups Flour
3/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 Salt
1/2 cup Butter or Margarine, softened
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp. Vanilla

In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients,then add in all the other wet ingredients. Mix with hand if needed. Shape dough into balls the size of walnuts. Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes (until edges are slightly brown)
Cool 5 minutes on a baking sheet.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen.

If you would like to try out some more options you can go to http://www.LivingOnADime.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster