Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Practical Tip Tuesday


Well Megan over at http://dailyessentialsanddeals.blogspot.com is doing Practical Tip Tuesdays, I thought I would chime in when I get the chance...plus I love hearing time saving, money saving, make my life easier, and cleaning faster kind of tips (who doesn't???) So head on over to her blog to check it out.
My tip is "wear your shoes". Okay I realize this is a mighty weird tip, but let me explain!!!! Awhile ago (like maybe even last spring or summer) my sister-in-law was telling me about this book she was reading and one of things the woman said that made her more productive was putting on her shoes first thing in the morning after getting dressed. When I first heard this I thought "how weird" (just like you thought I'm sure). For some unknown reason I thought I would give this theory a test.....and it works.... I stay moving...if I need to step outside to throw some trash in or run to the mailbox, or the basement....or whatever I can do that without hesitation of putting on shoes and all. At first I thought this will never work because at our house we take off our shoes when we walk in the door. I find this helps to keep dirt and other yucky things from tracking up the floors and all. I have found that since I do most of my work here in the kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room each day I don't fret about wearing my shoes because all those floors are wood or laminate.
Another bonus is that we live in an old farmhouse so the floors are always cold...so wearing my shoes keeps me warmer too!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I kinda do this with my slippers in the winter. They have a rubber sole. We have carpet in most areas (except kichen and baths) so this works really good for me.

I also love the slipper when the kids come in from playing outside and get wet snow everywhere! I hate wet socks!

great tip! thanks!!

Sarah said...

Very Interesting. I MAY have to try that! Thanks!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster