Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Makings Of A New Flower Bed!

Remember the fence I put up last fall? Well, I had decided to wait on making the flower bed by it until now because I knew I didn't have the time to get everything around in time for the cold weather. I also wanted to figure out exactly what kind of plants to fill my space with! You can't see it in the picture, but I marked out where I wanted the bed to be. ( I marked a 4ft bed, just in case you care.)
Lance & Caleb were a HUGE help to me! They started with raking the leaves away from the fence.
Then I started removing the sod and hauling it away. Zach joined in after his nap and was the lead man on the wagon...smile. Lance was in charge of the wheel barrel.
 Here it is...I need to fertilize the soil...amend it some...line it with weed barrier...plants....then mulch. So I have a ways to go before it's anywhere close to where I want it....but I am started and that is a plus!!!

Go see Good True and Beautiful for  more JOYFUL things!

DANIELLE

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Ooh! I love flower gardens. I have nothing as big as this, but I do enjoy the small spaces where I have been able to plant flowers outside my house. In fact, In just a few minutes I'm going out to do some more planting...

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster