Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Organic Valley Product Review


Below is some information from their website:
Organic Valley, the farmer-owned cooperative, has been around since long before there was a government-sanctified definition of organic. We had to create our own standards, and to this day our definition of organic goes above and beyond the strict organic production rules of the USDA. We think of organic in terms of interdependence—between customers, farmers, employees, communities, animals, and the earth. We consider all of these relationships when we produce our organic milk, organic cheese, organic butter, organic yogurt, organic eggs, organic juice, organic soy milk, organic produce, and organic meats.



Growing Organically


When we started up in 1988, we knew that if we produced foods that were organically healthy and delicious, people would buy them. Well, it went far beyond that. Our foods began winning awards. Fans of our milk and cheese wanted more, and suggested lots of additional products. They loved the fact that we were producing such delicious foods without the use of antibiotics, synthetic hormones, or pesticides. Lots of farmers liked us, too. They saw our mission – saving family farms – and our cooperative business model as a real opportunity for a healthy future on their farms. Family farms from across the country joined our co-op, so we created a regional model that today lets people buy milk from farms close to home, wherever they live.

My review:
In my recent adventure to try to feed my family more wholesome foods, I discovered Organic Valley. They were very responsive to giving me some coupons so I could try out their products and see what I thought. I was sent FIVE coupons that would let me try out FIVE Organic Valley products for FREE! I was really interested to see if I could taste a difference in what I normally buy and the Organic Valley products. I sent my Hubby to the store where these products were available he came home with only cheese products. This was actually okay with me, since we go through cheese at a rapid rate. I noticed right away that the cheese seemed to be creamier. We also got to try Feta cheese for the first time. Ohhhh my the kids totally loved it...me too for that matter! The cost to buy these cheese was $5.99 per block of cheese (sorry I don't remember the ounce amount you got for that price). To me, that was pretty steep. In the same breath, I will also say that there is alot of heart that seems to go into their products. This company is all about using local farmers to make their products. Real people, in real farming communities that make it their passion to provide others with truely the best products.One thing that is very helpful when buying these products is that Organic Valley provides provides a resource where you can go and print off wonderful coupons!! Gotta LOVE that!
 I would say the only other down side is that these products are not sold in my immediate area where I live. To get any type of selection of these great products I have to drive 35 minutes to the nearest store. So in all honestly, I would LOVE to use these products again, but I know my ability to get to town to get them is limited. So when I am in town I WILL make it a point to stop by and stock up on few things, but I know I can't use these exclusively. I hope that you will stop by and print off some coupons and try some products as well. Organic Valley also has a store locator on their site so you can check to see where the closest store to you is located.


Thank you to Organic Valley for being so willing to send me generous coupons so I could try out their products. I also am thankful for the things I have learned from there website, which helps me to be a more informed shopper!


DANIELLE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster