Tuesday, May 18, 2010

4-H Season has Begun!

 Can you guess what excites three little boys? I'll give you a little hint: they stink, my boys try to ride them, and they are our first livestock 4-H project.......Did I mention they stink?
 Here are Jacob and John our two new additions...at least until the 4-H fair comes and goes in July.
 They really tolerate the torture playing my children do with them very well. The pigs don't seem to be bothered at all that they are loud, and giddy with excitement to be around them. The boys favorite pass time as of late is to ride these poor pigs....until they fall off in the mud....or poop. Then they laugh and hop on again. I think I will chalk it up to good exercise for the pigs, and go with it!

I know nothing about pigs, I never took them as a project in 4-H. I am not sure that I really want to learn anything about them either. Well maybe I do want to know how much it will cost me to make one of these lovely things into ham and bacon in July. Besides that I've got nothing!
DANIELLE

3 comments:

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh how fun!!! What a wonderful home school learning tool...one they wouldn't allow in our subdivision. Instead of animals my boys rebuilt things, cars, go-carts, computers, engines...neighbors still didn't like seeing in our garage.
You are a brave mother...enjoy!!!
Janette

Megan said...

I'm sure they are loving them!!!

Kristen Andrews said...

oh yes boys love stinky pigs, we are going on a field trip to a farm tomorrow should be fun!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster