Thursday, May 20, 2010

From Scratch~Lotion Bars

 Last week, along with making homemade lye bar soap, I made lotion bars. What are lotion bars you ask? Lotion bars are WONDERFUL! You shower like usual washing with your soap and then right before you get out you rub the lotion bar over your skin. You use your towel to pat dry you skin. Lotion bars are used in place of putting lotion on. I LOVE mine, and it leaves my skin feeling amazingly soft!! Some people also refer to these as massage bars. The recipe is simple and the supply list is short. Making these a fun do-it-yourself project!

Here are the need ingredients:

3oz. Beeswax
3oz. Shea Butter
3oz. Cocoa Butter
3oz. Jojoba Oil


I doubled this recipe to fill my molds. You simply melt the ingredients together in the microwave. Then pour it directly into the molds. Let it sit for several hours. Mine only took about 2 hours. I would recommend some a silicon mold like this one...they slide out super easy! I totally LOVE these molds....THANKS to my friend Jenny for the mold! Aren't these adorable!!

Again I am linking up to 8 Muddy Boots' series "From Scratch" and Good, True and Beautiful's series "Just for the Joy of it"

Next week I will be linking up on how I made Body Butter.....aka: The best lotion EVER in my book!

DANIELLE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i forgot to tell you that i LOVE the one you gave me! it is so nice to use when u don't want to take the time to put lotion on!! thanks for giving me one!

christa

Diana said...

Wow, what a wonderfully simple recipe! I have some cute little molds that would be perfect for making these. Thank you for sharing with us! :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this! Where did you get your supplies?

Annette

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster