Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wonder Why Wednesday?


Welcome to Wonder Why Wednesday!

I find that whenever I add humor to my day, my week, my mommy's moments it always make life a little easier to swallow.....anyone else feel that way?
With that in mind, this series it meant to be done and received with a playful spirit in mind.

EVER WONDER WHY....

 You feel guilty when you stop to play? I am have this great guilt that comes over me when I am hanging out with the kids playing around during my regular day. When I am hanging out I have this dreaded feeling of being unproductive. I know in my heart that this "feeling of guilt" is a lie, and that spending time with my kids playing or being silly is productive in many ways. I know that in these moments together we experience great teachable and precious moments that I treasure and I know they LOVE my full attention. I do struggle with it though....and I really WONDER WHY! I know what scripture has to say about how I spend my time. So why in the world is this even an issue with me????
MY EXCUSE: I am a Type A personality who likes lists...check..check...check....

I also hate the idea of someone showing up at my house and it is completely destroyed!!! Which seems to happen often with my four children!! I am getting better at this one, because I have learned there is a big difference between a filthy dirty house, and a house that is simply lived in and needs toys, books, or whatever picked up.

Also I want my husband to be able to come home to a clean and uncluttered house. Not because he demands it, because he doesn't, but I want our home to feel like a haven he can relax in and not look around and see all the mess!

All that being said I still know where my heart lies, and that is with my children. A clean house is nice, but not where my heart is. So I have been constantly training myself to follow what I know in my mind to be truth, and not go with the "feelings" my heart gives me...which tend to be lies the devil is throwing my way to distract me. So do you struggle with this also? What seems to help you overcome being a "workaholic?"

That wraps up another week of WONDER WHY WEDNESDAY!! Feel free to link up!!




DANIELLE

1 comments:

Aunt Marie said...

Your blog looks great---LOVE the card

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster