Thursday, August 18, 2011

Trash to Treasure X TWO

During July, I hit a garage sale early in the morning before heading to the county fair.....this not so pretty cabinet cost me $3 after I used my bargaining skills.....

This is the before.....half painted with gray spray paint
They didn't spray paint the inside..nor is there a back on it....but for $3 I'm not complaining
A little blurry for some reason, but you get the idea that they had ugly (or not to my liking) knobs.
The After:
I primed and painted it with left over paint from my sewing sudio. Also added two new black rubbed knobs from the hardware store.
I also primed and painted the inside and added a bead board backing. 
(left over from kitchen remodeling.)
Cabinet Cost $3+$8 Knobs= $11 Cabinet
Yahoo! It is in my sewing studio, and now houses my extra material...love it!

This wonderful all wood....very heavy...piece I scored for $10 also at a garage sale. The lady told me she used it for a coffee table.....In my mind I thought it was screaming it wanted to be a bench inside my front door!
THE BEFORE:
I sanded out all the knicks, then primed and base color painted, the dry brushed on the antiqued rubbed look. Same technique I used on my kitchen cabinets......and then it looked like this.
THE AFTER:
I know it doesn't look like it in this picture but the base is dark tan with the "rubbed" color being black.
I'm really happy with the results! I love that it's a little shorter than my other bench and it's nice and wide so it doesn't feel tipsy, even if you plant yourself right on the end. I used my coupon to get two free samples of Benjamin Moore Paint (from Pottery Barn) so final cost is still $10!
Tomorrow a sneak peak into a project that I finished in the school room.

This week I'm linking up to Thirty Decorating....
Also linking to Saved By Love Creations....
ThriftyThurs Thrifty Thursday Week 36
And last I'm linking with Thifty and Fabuless.....
 

2 comments:

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

Love the blue! What a great idea to put fabric in it! Can't wait to see the coffee table! If you post tomorrow, would you come back over and link it to Thrifty Thursday so that I can see it? :)

Bree said...

Awesome finds and great makeovers! :-)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster