Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tile Job is Now Complete!

When we started remodeling the house we decided to tile the main traffic areas of the house. We knew it would be a BIG job but, we knew it would be worth it. Over the past two weeks we have finished up all the tile work in the kitchen, dinning room, laundry room, half bath, and the front entry way. While we were thrilled to be done with that we still needed to tile the master bathroom. That was the job my dad and Justin tackled a couple nights this past week.

Here is the beginning stage
I decided to go with a white/off white classic looking tile. I wanted something timeless and I think this will do the trick.I also decided to add in just a couple splashes of  "something special" to give the bathroom a luxurious feel.
I put one strip in front of the vanity area and one in front of the shower.
These travertine tile strips are just gorgeous in the room. Not to much, but I love the look and feel they give to the room. I bought these tiles in a 12 X 12 square and then we cut them into two wide 12" strips. I only had to buy four of them and it cost me less than $30! So it really made it a frugal way to dress up the floor.

Over the weekend, the guys tiled the bathroom in the basement. ( I can't even believe they are ready for us to tile....crazy!) I think my guys are breathing a HUGE sigh of relief!!! In all, I think that makes around 750 square ft of tile throughout the whole house.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster