Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Our Basement Remodel Has Begun!

This past weekend was officially "Go Time" on the basement remodel......

I've already learned several things....and we haven't even started in full force with this project yet! *Things always take longer than you plan on.  
*Plan..Plan...then PLAN some more...re-evaluate and then plan again.
* I can't help but constantly be looking out for deals on materials that we need in the near future. I think it's possible to buy things frugally without compromising the quality of the project.
*Some of the rules that county inspectors impose are really stupid!

The first thing on the list.....cut out part of the cement wall and install an e-gress window.

 This is the before shot.
During....window well installed and cement cut out where the window will go.
We now have a new window!
The only bad news, it created so much yucky dust that now the entire house is covered with a white film! So much for having clean freshly painted walls.....nothing that a little elbow grease and hot water won't cure. It helps build character right?

Lots more pictures of our basement progress to come so stay tuned!

5 comments:

MasterShake13 said...

This is so exciting and inspiring! It’s always been my dream to buy a house that needs LOTS of work, and do everything myself – I mean, gut the thing from shingles to floorboards, and really make it my own. Well, I’m finally ready to buy my first fixer-upper, so I’m gathering ideas for my first Northern Virginia remodeling project! Now where to start – kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms, living area, dining room…*sigh! It’s so hard to decide. Thanks for the ideas! I’m so excited to get started!! :D

basement remodeling northern Virginia said...

Hi There, I just spent a little time reading through your posts, which I found entirely by mistake whilst researching one of my projects. Please continue to write more because it’s unusual that someone has something interesting to say about this. Will be waiting for more!

basement remodeling northern Virginia said...

Hi There, I just spent a little time reading through your posts, which I found entirely by mistake whilst researching one of my projects. Please continue to write more because it’s unusual that someone has something interesting to say about this. Will be waiting for more!

basement remodeling northern Virginia said...

I Interesting post. I have been wondering about this issue,so thanks for posting.

basement remodel montgomery county maryland said...

Good luck. Great post. I love DIY homeowners. It looks like you got alot of work ahead of you on your basement remodel. It will be very rewarding once your done.

http://ServiceAGroup.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster