Thursday, May 19, 2011

Seed Swap 2011

This morning I went through all the seed packets I have and discovered that I have lots of goodies to get in the ground (if it EVER stops raining long enough to dry out). Honestly, I have to many to use them all up for myself (many of the seeds I have are for perennials). So I am kicking around the idea of a little seed swap....what cha' think? Nothing fancy or complicated just swapping some seeds amongst anyone who wish to participate.
Here is how I picture it working in case you want more details.
#1 I will list the seeds I have up for swapping.
#2 If your interested in snatching them, leave me a comment on what your wanting. Be sure to leave your email address so I can contact you) Feel free to request as many things that you would use!
#3 First Come. First Serve. I have a ton of some things and little of some so feel free to request whatever your wanting even if others already have, if I'm out I'll be sure to let you know.
#4 If I receive any seeds for myself that will be a bonus...I'm willing to give them out without getting anything in return. I just want to see someone use them up so they don't go to waste.
#5 If you have any seeds your wanting to send me, I'm most looking for flowers I can use in my cutting garden. Again leave a comment and I will get with you.

THE LIST

Veggies/Herbs
#1: Butternut Squash *gone
#2: Spaghetti Squash
#3: Lemon, Genovese, Opal Basils *all basil are gone
#4: Cilantro *gone
#5:Rosemary *gone

Flowers
#6: Pink Columbine (full shade to part sun) perennial
#7: Purple Columbine (full shade to part sun) perennial
#8: Purple Liatris (I think full sun) perennial *gone
#9: Orange Coneflower (full sun) perennial
#10: Zinnia-various colors (full sun) annual
#11: Black-Eyed Susan (part to full sun) perennial*gone

Let the SWAPPING BEGIN! Feel free to share my link with anyone you think might be interested.
I'm linked to Homestead Revival Barn Hop!

3 comments:

Dawn Marie said...

Danielle, Not sure what happened. I thought I posted a comment. I would love to spaghetti squash and genovese basil. Would also be interested in Pink and purple columbine and the purple liatris. I have partial packs of organic chives and violas and a full packet of nasturtium, cosmos, broccoli, & organic cauliflower. I will mail them to you if you are interested. Contact me via Facebook. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hey there!
This is a fun idea, I'd love to try the
Lemon
Opal Basils
Cilantro
Rosemary
Black-Eyed Susans
Thanks so much, I'm just getting all my perennials started at this house and think it would be fun to have some new ones to start this summer.
Thanks so much!!!!
You can email or FB me if you need me. I'll be home in just a few weeks. if that works better!

Susan said...

Awesome idea! I would use Black eyed susans, purple liatris,lemon basil and genovese basil. Thankyou Danielle!
herlanjohn@aol.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster