Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bookcase Makeover!

We have had this bookcase...stand...whatever you'd like to call it, around since we were married. I've threaten many times to trash it and somehow my husband has always found a reason why I shouldn't. Since moving to the new house I got this idea on how I should give it new life with a little makeover. This is what I decided to do......

The first thing I did was rip off the cardboard/super thin piece of plywood!
Then I made sure I turned on a few fans...then took my bottle of spray paint and went to town! I decided to use an ivory color. It's going in Julia's room which has Lavender color walls. They extra fun thing is that I used spray paint that is intended for outdoor use on plastic so it's super durable and I got a textured kind called shimmer so it was ivory with silver glitter! FUN!
This is what it looked like after 2 coats of "Shimmer" paint.
I used left over bead board (left over from the kitchen island makeover) for a new backing and painted it a dark gray (left over paint). Then I roughed it up just a bit...
I think it's safe to say I gave this furniture a new lease on life! I LOVE IT!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster