Monday, May 16, 2011

Garage Sale Find & Make Over

I've been hitting a few garage sales here and there this season looking for pieces I can make my own. I found this charming little desk for $5 last Friday!

I bought this piece to go in Julia's room so this color just won't do......so I pulled out a can of oil based primer and gave it one coat, then it looked like this.
It was super humid on the day I did this so I let it sit extra long to ensure it was dry.
Then I gave it two coats of Krylon "watermelon" spray paint. I put the little white drawer knob back on and then distressed it just a little so some of the white showed (Which you can't see at all in the Picture). Now I just need to find a cute little chair to put with it. Julia is thrilled with it and has big plans for writing in her new journal at her "new" desk! All together this desk cost me about $25 with paint and all.

2 comments:

taryn said...

Great job! What a unique style that desk is! So cute for a little girl's room!

Donna said...

LOVE it!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster