Tuesday, April 19, 2011

WOW!!! What A Whirlwind!

A FULL 18 days without blogging!! A whole two weeks of that without any internet! Believe or not I did survive......hahaha! So here is a little update on what we have done over the past 18 days.....lots of packing, then moving, and then unpacking. A tiny bit a decorating, shopping for a few essentials, window shopping for a couch or two, catching up on all the school we missed during our two weeks off, cleaning the new house after being here for a week and a half now. Now we are cleaning, painting, carpet cleaning, putting stuff in the dumpster at the old house, getting things in order to sell it.......gasping for air......ohhhh ya and soccer season started last week which means two nights a week for practice and one night a week for church.....and the other two nights for MORE WORKING......


Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but I'd be crazy if I wasn't real about the fact that I feel a tiny bit overwhelmed right now!!! Which is why I won't be showing you an avalanche of new photos....or sharing all the details of our move, or our settling in....at least not yet. I am happy to report we are probably 95% unpacked and put away.....the other 5% can't be put away until we find magic hours in the day so that we can hang shelving, buy book shelves/cubbies, and have everything all neat and tidy how I'd like it. We will get there....it's a process (I have to keep reminding myself that!)

Since the move I have enjoyed doing my laundry! These two beauties have helped make laundry a FUN thing to do.....well maybe that is stretching it a bit...but it sure does get done a lot faster! I can put about what would equal 2 1/2 or 3 loads of laundry in my washer now than my old washer, oh ya!
I also have been loving my new steam mop (a house warming gift from my mom & dad)! My mom thought I could use with all the tile we have.......and ohhhhhh buddy it's my new favorite toy! How genius is all I can say!! Okay, so it doesn't take much to get me all giddy with excitement, but if you have followed my blog for any amount of time......you already know that!
So while things are mainly squared away inside the house, we are all in flurry with activities outside! We are suppose to be getting 4-H pigs this week, which I would be a little more excited about if they didn't stink sooooo bad! It's all in the name of the 4-H experience though, right? I got the chance to transplant some strawberries and rhubarb the weekend after we moved. I also brought a few of my favorite flowers from the old house as well.....although I am sure no one will even notice I there gone because of the VAST amount of flowers that remain...smile! I also planted some Colorado Blue Spruce trees this past weekend....eventually they will make a great wind/snow fence along part of the drive.

So I guess there are most of the reasons for my 3 week absence! So I can't promise you a time of when I will be sharing pictures......but I do thank many of you who have spent a few seconds commenting, calling, or stopping by to wish us well and share in our excitement. We are so excited and thank you for all the encouragement, and help many of you have provided in one way or another.

Well it's so long for now....until I can squeeze in some more time scheduled time to blog!

1 comments:

Stacy said...

I love my steam mop as well!!! It's the simple things in life!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster