Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Here we GROW......

I grew up on a horse farm. Shoveled a lot of manure (all via a wheel barrow), groomed for endless hours, rode/exercised my horse nearly daily. Rode in Rodeos, opens shows, 4-H shows, and anything else I could that was horse related. I loved it and cherish those memories that were made during that time, but I never forgot that those memories we not cheap for my mom and dad and the work was endless. So as I have "grown" my own family over the years I made a little rule. NO animals until the kids were old enough to take full responsibility for caring for them (otherwise I knew it would end up as one more thing on my list...which I had no extra energy for). Last year was our oldest son's first year in 4-H and we loved every minute of it! He learned many life skills, and did a great job caring for his projects throughout the Spring and Summer. Now that we are all moved into the new house we have started to "grow" our family some more.....

Just a few days after moving in we heard little meows....we found these kittens in one of the window wells.....
This mama didn't waste anytime having her babies.....We think she had them only a day after moving.
Non-stop rain didn't stop us from picking up our 4-H pigs last week.
Here they are in all their pig glory....
This past Saturday,after much begging from our children, we got some chickens! 15 Meat Chickens and 10 Laying Red Pullets. We put them all in here to run around while we got their separate "housing" ready. Now I guess my Hubby is committed to building that Chicken Coop we've been talking about!




I think that's pretty rapid growth in a two week period....So while our list of "wanted animals" in not complete yet, I don't expect to keep growing at such a rapid pace. Only time will tell! The kids are having a blast and loving all the "new" friends they have to take care of.

1 comments:

Megan said...

And the Animal fun begins!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster