Friday, October 5, 2012

DIY: Mirror to Bulletin Board

This summer I picked up this lovely, but really heavy old mirror. I think I paid $2 for it! 
I had a few ideas for it right away.
 Idea #1 Chalk board for my kitchen.....
Idea #2 Bulletin board for the school room 
Idea #3 Paint the wood and leave the mirror as is.
Here are a couple BEFORE pictures:
 I know the wood is in rough shape, lots of scratches, but nothing major.
I was drawn to the beautiful yet simple lines. Since I knew I would be painting it, the scratches didn't scare me off one little bit. I did this DIY before my kitchen table. I wanted to try out the Anne Sloan Chalk paint before starting a BIG project with it. I did lightly sand it it, because I used a flat black paint for the coat. Then I brushed on two coats of Anne Sloan Chalk Paint. Finally I have it light sanding, and then used some gorilla glue to attach these bulletin pieces (I already had!). 
Ta-Dah folks, that's it...Here is the AFTER!
 Now I just have to figure out where to hang it in the school room!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in!!! Go on tell me what's on your mind...I would LOVE to know!!!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster